Sunday, November 24, 2013

Converting US Cooking Measurements

Because I'm American, I understand the American system of cooking measurements. Things like 125 grams leave me with a blank look on my face and I have no idea how much that is, while I know exactly what 1 cup and 1 tablespoon look like. In a lot of cooking recipes, exact measurements don't matter, but I write them down as a guideline so someone doesn't use way too much or too little of something. In baking, however, exact measurements become a lot more important. If something is off in a baking recipe, it will totally mess up that loaf of bread or that cake you spent so long making! And that's always a kitchen tragedy.

So because some people looking at this blog are in other countries and do not use the American measuring system, I thought I would post a link here so you can convert my recipes into metric measurements. I want everyone who reads this blog to be able to try my recipes! Hopefully this link will be helpful, and if you'd like to find other conversion sites (there are tons), Google should point you in the right direction. I like this one because it has a built-in conversion calculator that converts US measurements to litres, grams, whatever. And, I'll try to remember to write both Fahrenheit and Celsius oven temperatures on all of my recipes. Hope this helps all of my international kitchen nerds!

Converting American cooking measurements!

(http://southernfood.about.com/library/info/blconv.htm)

No comments:

Post a Comment